How to Stay Secure at a Music Festival
To many who attend music festivals each year, it is the ultimate party scene. But being in a place where thousands of people are packed together demands some security measures to make sure nothing goes wrong. These are some things to help prepare for a secure musical festival.
- Don’t rely on your cell phone – Cell phones don’t work in crowds and it’s easy to get lost from friends. Set a meeting place before the festival where you can go if you get separated.
- Drink plenty of water – Being out in the heat can be dehydrating and drinking alcohol will add to the problem. Take plenty of water along.
- Don’t take candy from strangers – It may be easy for the friendliness of the group to sway you, but never take anything from a stranger that may not be what you really think it is.
- Take ear plugs – The idea is to listen to music, not damage your hearing. Being too close to the speakers could have a lasting impression.
- Never leave your drinks unattended – It only takes a few seconds for someone to spike your drink
Plan ahead to prevent unhappy surprises.